[XeTeX] Super/subscript: thank you

Thomas Thackery tthackery at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:37:16 CEST 2007

Thank you all.

On May 27, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

On 5/28/07, Gildas Hamel <gweltaz at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> I can suggest the following example, but others I hope will
> simplify it:

>                SmallCapsFont={{AGaramondPro-Regular}/S=0:+smcp},

Does that work? I guess I should know...otherwise, you might want to
look at "SmallCapsFeatures".

> \newcommand{\superscript}[1]{\ensuremath{^\textrm{#1}}}
> \newcommand{\subscript}[1]{\ensuremath{_\textrm{#1}}}

LaTeX already provides \textsuperscript, and \textsubscript if you
load the fixltx2e package. If you also also load the xltxtra package,
you probably want to use \textsuperscript*{...} instead if there are
sups characters in the font you're using but not many.

I wonder if I should reverse that decision...there seem to be a lot of
fonts around that only have a couple of subs/sups characters...

Cheers,
Will