[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

John Smith jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Sun May 27 17:56:38 CEST 2007

On Sun, 27 May 2007, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Sounds like there is still a naming conflict -- or is it possible
> you have an older version of your fonts installed somewhere, in a
> different location (~/Library/Fonts vs /Library/Fonts, or even a
> Classic "System Folder/Fonts"?).

I really don't! I think I am simply giving up on this: I will withhold
the Mac versions of the Courier and Helvetica lookalikes. By good
fortune, the Courier and Helvetica supplied by Apple are both very
well-endowed with accented characters, so it's not a total disaster.

Thanks to all who tried to help. I'm especially grateful to Jonathan
for pointing me towards Apple's Font Tools, which I did not know about
and which may prove very useful (though on this occasion they merely
blandly gave me back all the information I already knew).

A warning to anyone who downloaded any of the fonts (XYZ_IndUni.dfont)
in the course of this discussion: the versions that were in place were
faulty and did not give access to the multiple-codepoint glyphs. I
have replaced them with better versions.

John Smith

--
Dr J. D. Smith
jds10 at cam.ac.uk