[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Fri May 25 16:20:46 CEST 2007

Thanks - I will certainly choose somewhere saner for my working directory
when I work out how to do that (I haven't got beyond going to the xetex.exe
directory and typing 'xetex filename' at the command prompt.  As I said, I
haven't had to give any thought to this sort of thing in many years.  My
EmTeX installation knows (because I told it at the time of installation when
it asked me, about 8 years ago) that everything to do with TeX is in
D:\texfiles\ and it searches that path and its subdirectories automatically.
The .DVI files are always produced in the same directory as the .TEX file
that I am compiling, which is not what XeTeX is currently doing.  But as I
say, I'll work this all out when I get a couple of days free - what I wrote
this morning was purely to allow people to see (or remember) that smoother
installation procedures have been devised for older versions of TeX, which
would allow new users to get going quickly and thus enjoy XeTeX itself
without having to bother about peripheral matters.

John