[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri May 25 15:05:01 CEST 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 8:11 AM, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>   As a side note, when I look at the Courier font in the Font Book
> I see
> small bullets next to it (do you see them as well?), which, as a
> rule of
> thumb, indicate problems with the fonts, judging by my own
> experience of
> manipulating fonts. So Font Book acknowledges that there is some
> problem, and trying to get rid of it might be a good start ;-)

Normally a bullet w/ a font indicates a duplicate of an already
activated font --- that's what the help says anyway, which confirms
the problem being w/ the naming of the fonts.

Make sure the name (esp. Family Name) is unique to ensure that it
won't interfere w/ already installed fonts. Don't use trademarked
names of extent fonts w/o authorization.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer