[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 25 14:32:48 CEST 2007

Le 25 mai 07 à 12:57, John Smith a écrit :

> Hey, I'm really glad for John Was that *he* is getting good advice for
> his problems. But I posted the original request for help, and it seems
> to have been accidentally hijacked. My problem is that certain fonts
> on my Mac OS X Tiger system seem to be invisible to XeTeX, though
> FontBook and even Word are happy to use them. Running fc-cache has no
> effect on this.

Are you using plain TeX or LaTeX? How are you calling the fonts? In
case you're using LaTeX, are you invoking the fontspec package and
how? Could you post a test .tex file that we could try on our setups
(after downloading and installing the fonts, of course)?

In the absence of such details, it's practically impossible to guess
from your message what exactly might be happening.

Bruno Voisin (who won't be able to try until two or three hours from
now anyway)