[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Fri May 25 10:36:02 CEST 2007

Dear François

Well as a Scotsman of course I'll have to think very hard about spending
money on a Mac...  I'll probably have it all set up satisfactorily in
Windows once I get a couple of days free to concentrate on it, but I
certainly felt that the installation process left me without some fairly
basic information on how to use XeTeX efficiently.  Even now I haven't
worked out how to get it to access my TeX files automatically - I'm having
to update ls-R every time I write a new file.  And all the PDFs that XeTeX
produces go in the same directory as the XeTeX program itself, when I would
rather they went in the same directory as the TeX file that I am compiling.
Again, there is probably a configuration file I can alter to achieve this,
and I'll find it soon, but I haven't had to worry about that sort of thing
for many years!

John