[XeTeX] Using math font packages with fontspec

Hendrik Fuß hendrik.fuss at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:05:03 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I need some advice regarding fontspec. I want to use a math font that
better matches the main text font in my document. The manual gives an
example for using the euler package. However, the example doesn't work
with my setup (TeXlive 2007 on Mac OS X). Instead, xelatex uses the
latin modern fonts. Here's my test document:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[mathcal]{euler}
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\setmainfont{Optima Regular}
\begin{document}
	Main font $ f(x) = a \cdot b \cdot c $
\end{document}

Upon looking in the .log file I can see that first the euler package
redefines the math fonts, and after that fontspec loads the lmodern
package, thus reversing the effect of euler.

Exchanging the order of \usepackage commands doesn't work either --
fontspec insists that euler must be loaded first.

Any advice?

thanks
Hendrik