[XeTeX] Using pkgs bidi and enumitem together

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue May 22 21:49:09 CEST 2007

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> This might be due to a long-standing bug in XeTeX that affects the
> use of infinite glue such as \hfil or \hss in right-to-left contexts.
> That can lead to problems with things like \item labels that use such
> glue as part of their alignment in a box. The bug is fixed in the
> current XeTeX sources in subversion, but if people are using the
> latest actual released version (from TeX Live), it could be a problem.
>
> JK

Ah! Of course! Same issue as with RL footnotes, which I had raised here
a few weeks ago. Since I have installed XeTeX+xdvipdfmx from subversion
earlier this morning (which I should have mentioned!), this explains why
I could not reproduce Thomas' example.

BTW, Jonathan, I noticed that the xetex binary is growing considerably:
the TeXLive linux-i386 binary of version 0.996 is less than 8MB, while
the one I compiled today from svn is 17MB big! Is this mainly due to the
addition of the graphite libraries? Not worrying, just curious :-)

FC