[XeTeX] Drawing package for XeTeX in plain TeX?

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue May 22 08:49:40 CEST 2007

Thanks very much for that advice on PGF/TikZ.  As a novice with XeTeX I'm
still getting to grips with things, and I guess I've chosen just the wrong
time to get started since the TexLive2007 implemenation seems already
slightly out of date for handling some of the latest packages.   I'm not
sure if I should just uninstall TexLive completely and load the latest
version another way, or whether I can just substitute updated .exe files
(and other files) in order to get everything to work smoothly. I might feel
brave enough after a large glass of brandy...

I'm very proud of the fact that so far I've managed to crash XeTeX at least
twenty times when trying to use some of the PS fonts in my EmTeX
installation!  And it doesn't like some of the Windows fonts on my system,
but I find it's much more stable if I use [...] to load a font directly from
the font file itself (even though kpathsea objects that [ is an invalid
character in a font name).

Best

John