[XeTeX] Public beta (alpha?) test of PSTricks support in XeTeX

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Mon May 21 09:57:20 CEST 2007

Hello

I'm new to XeTeX so please forgive me if I'm doing something wrong.  I installed the three .CON files in my TexLive2007 (complete) installation, and found in a quick experiment that \rput works (i.e. it moves blocks of text around as instructed) but not \psellipse or \psline.

But I am running XeTeX in plain TeX on a Windows platform, which may be part (or all) of the problem.  The .LOG file reports no errors, either from (Xe)TeX or from PSTricks, so the actual input code seems valid - but there is no sign of the drawn ellipse or of the line in the PDF output.

I also tried \scalebox, which fails - it generates an 'unknown command' error.

Hope this is of some help - it would certainly be very convenient if I could continue using PSTricks as I am used to (in an old EmTeX installation with the 4AllTeX interface).

Best

John