[XeTeX] Drawing package for XeTeX in plain TeX?

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Mon May 21 08:43:46 CEST 2007

Hello

Does anyone know of a drawing package (similar to PSTricks) that will work in XeTeX (which I'm currently using on a Windows platform under plain TeX)?  The documentation for Fig4TeX gave me some hope, and indeed there were no error messages when I tried it out, but unfortunately the LOG file was lying when it said that it had produced pages of PDF output - it didn't, even though I got the auxiliary files generated by Fig4Tex, so the package itself seems to be functioning correctly.  (PSTricks I presume is quite out of the question - at least I think it is incompatible with PDFTeX and assumed for that reason that XeTeX wouldn't handle it either:  I tried a simple \scalebox operation and it failed.)

For stand-alone diagrams I suppose I could use another method to create a PDF or JPG that XeTeX can then import (this would not be very convenient, though), but I would still be stuck for simple things like drawing lines or arrows in the body of text.

Best

John