[XeTeX] ICU and vertical layout support

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:28:32 CEST 2007

Hi Jonathan,

2007/5/15, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:
> I am travelling at the moment and not able to investigate this right
> away, but I wonder if there's some kind of issue with this being a
> GB2312 font rather than a Unicode font? (I don't see why this would
> cause ATSFontGetTable would fail, but it makes me wonder if it's a
> good idea to try and use such a font anyway.)

There are 3 reasons:

1. There are more than one font have this issue, some fonts, even
don't occur to have that serious problem, still result wrong hbox width
calculation. It's reported all fonts distribute in Windows with _GB2312
name have this issue, and all of them have an correct Unicode charmap,
that is,

+ Macintosh (1), Default (Unicode 1.0) (0)
+ Microsoft (3), Unicode (WGL4) (1)

2. /AAT + xdv2pdf produces correct result.

3. ftvalid from FreeType 2 says it's valid:

$ ./ftvalid /Users/jjgod/Library/Fonts/simfang.ttf
[ftvalid:ot] validation targets: GSUB