[XeTeX] Problem with path to XeTeX in Kile

Dennis Drescher dennis_drescher at sil.org
Fri May 11 06:16:24 CEST 2007

JK wrote:

 > > My system path (in Ubuntu) for XeTeX is set to:
 > >
 > > /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-linux

 > Where is this set?

This was set in ~/.bashrc

> Perhaps Kile doesn't read your personal .profile or whatever startup
> file you're using to configure your path. If so, you might need to
> set the path more globally in something like /etc/profile (unless
> Kile itself has a place to set it, but I'm not aware of that -- it's
> always "just worked" for me).

This got me pointed in the right direction. The problem seems to be a
difference in where Kile gets it's path info vs. where Gnome apps. get
their path from. Kile is KDE and it looks like it gets it from
/etc/profile, not ~/.bashrc. I set the path in /etc/profile (and removed
it from ~/.bashrc). Now Kile is happy and so am I. Thanks so much for
your help!

Dennis