[XeTeX] A "box" in the bottom-left... thank you

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue May 1 14:31:22 CEST 2007

On 1 May 2007, at 1:26 pm, Székely Gábor Balázs wrote:

> Maybe really a special footer just on the first page, with
> fancyheader, will be the solution.

I'm not sure if that would expand vertically (and shorten the text)
as required, but perhaps you could try it.

> Jonathan's solution seems to work in the case of a one-page letter.

It should work with any number of pages. Provided the {recipient}
environment is provided at the beginning of the letter, it will
appear at the bottom of the first page, and not on any of the other
pages.

> Oh and just a little problem,
>
>> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
>
> drops an error when compiling ("! Undefined control sequence."), I
> used what I put in my thesis, that was
>
>> \setromanfont[Numbers=Uppercase]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
>
> and that works. Maybe I have a bit older version of the MacTeX
> package and that's why it complains about the error ("MacTeX
> November, 2006").

Yes, you have a slightly older version of fontspec.sty, without the
new command name "\setmainfont". The effect is the same, though.
(Obviously, you can adjust font name and features as desired.)