[XeTeX] A "box" in the bottom-left... thank you

Székely Gábor Balázs szegabor at yahoo.it
Tue May 1 13:26:35 CEST 2007

Thank you Axel, Jonathan and Peter,

yes, at first I tried the letter.cls, I'm not really stick with it, I
thought there could be a solution that's more generic than a given
class, but if not, it is not really a problem. As you suggested, I
will examine with much attention the akletter class (for the moment I
haven't found some English documentation of scrlttr2).

I will see the rule length, maybe I'll just drop that.

Maybe really a special footer just on the first page, with
fancyheader, will be the solution.

Well, the word processor isn't really doing anything extraordinarily
wrong, just the fact that if I put there that piece of text (the
recipient's address), it isn't a floating element, but rather just
part of the text which can reflow if something changes above. And how
do I get the rule length in a wp? Well, guess what, manually in every
single letter ;) That's one reason I'm trying XeTeX so that we could
drop more and more manual work and concentrate on real content. :)

Jonathan's solution seems to work in the case of a one-page letter.
And I will have a look at the float package as well. Further
experimentation comes:)

And to fulfill Peter's immagination, I created an example of these
letters which more or less contains the things we usually put there.
http://www.cornetto.elte.hu/letterexample.pdf

Oh and just a little problem,

> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}

drops an error when compiling ("! Undefined control sequence."), I
used what I put in my thesis, that was

> \setromanfont[Numbers=Uppercase]{Adobe Garamond Pro}

and that works. Maybe I have a bit older version of the MacTeX
package and that's why it complains about the error ("MacTeX
November, 2006").

And again, many thanks to all you!

-Gábor