[XeTeX] Minion Pro Sylistic Alternates in Win32 XeTeX

James Cloos cloos+tug-xetex at jhcloos.com
Fri Mar 23 01:21:35 CET 2007

>>>>> "Micah" == Micah Cowan <micah at cowan.name> writes:

Micah> However: it happens that the stylistic capitals are mapped to
Micah> Unicode codepoints that fall within the "Private Use" areas of
Micah> Unicode. These codepoints may in fact be a "de facto" standard
Micah> for these characters, as at least one other font recognized
Micah> them as the same characters that Minion uses at the same
Micah> location.

Adobe reps have said that they regret making the alternate glyphs
available in the Private Use block and plan on leaving all alternate
glyphs unencoded in future releases.  Meaning they would only be
available via OT features.

I *think* I recall that Garamond Premier Pro follows that new
standard, and I'm sure the bonus font included in the beta for
photoshop does.

-JimC