[XeTeX] Using hebrew

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Mar 7 16:19:48 CET 2007

On 7 Mar 2007, at 3:06 pm, Yaniv Hollander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Your solution worked, I've installed the SBL fonts and the example
> compiled well.
> Regarding your other comments that TexShop doesn't use the most up
> to date version of XeTex, what can I do? I've installed TexLive
> 2007 newest version, but how can I tell TexShop to use it?

You need to go to TeXShop Preferences, the Engine section, and change
the path setting for (pdf)TeX to "/usr/texbin"; it's probably /usr/
local/teTeX/bin/... at the moment, which is the location of the old
teTeX package.

> And on another issue, can I use fancy header package with fontspec
> to create headers in hebrew?

I expect this should work, with the condition that you'll probably
need to include \beginR .... \endR around the Hebrew text, to ensure
the words appear in the right order.