[XeTeX] Using hebrew

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Mar 7 12:37:39 CET 2007

On 7 Mar 2007, at 11:26 am, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 07.03.2007 um 12:02 schrieb Jonathan Kew:
>
>>> The LOG file mentions that you used "SBL Hebrew/ICU" – can you
>>> try it
>>> without the /ICU "extension?"
>>
>> No, that's irrelevant. The /ICU is being added internally by
>> fontspec, it's not in the source document.
>
> ... which is going to make it hard to find the actual error in any
> source!

This is (still) irrelevant. It's correct behavior as part of
fontspec's design, and it isn't causing the error that was reported.

As I already explained, the OP's actual problem was that the font
named in the document was not installed on the system. And that's not
"hard to find in any source". The source says \setromanfont
[Script=Hebrew]{SBL Hebrew}, but checking in FontBook (for example)
will show that SBL Hebrew is not installed. Solution: install it, or
change the source to use a different font.