[XeTeX] An (almost) complete cyrunicode.tex

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Fri Jun 29 18:02:19 CEST 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:45:53 +0400
Evgenie Medvedev <medvedev at project7.ru> wrote:

> 	Almost, because while I am sure that it covers Russian,
> Belorussian and Ukrainian, there's a multitude of other languages
> using Cyrillic with their own exotic letters to accommodate their
> phonemes, which I'm not familiar with, so if I made any silly
> mistakes, that's where they are -- see comments inside. It might work
> for Bashkir, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, and Serbian, as far as I can see [...]

Hello,

Thanks for this list. As a native Serbian speaker I confirm that your
list fully covers Serbian.

Your list covers Bulgarian too; to complete the coverage of South
Slavic languages you have to add two letters unique to Macedonian
language:

  \DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x0403}{\CYRGJE}  % Ѓ
  \DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x0453}{\cyrgje}  % ѓ
  \DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x040C}{\CYRKJE}  % Ќ
  \DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x045C}{\cyrkje}  % ќ

(You already included \CYRDZE/\cyrdze (Ѕ/ѕ, x405/x455) which is unique
to Macedonian.)

As of other languages: the list already covers Rusyn language,
therefore, with Macedonian additions, AFAIK this is the complete
(modern) Slavic Cyrillic set (Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian,
Rusyn, Serbian, Macedonian and Bulgarian alphabets).

Yet another note: \CYRYAT doesn't belong to XIX century only, it was in
use in Rusyn language in the first half of XX century, too.

Nikola Lečić