[XeTeX] Traditional TeX ligatures once again

Evgenie Medvedev medvedev at project7.ru
Fri Jun 29 01:26:56 CEST 2007

Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

> May I say that your stubbornness and your traditionalist behaviour
> sounds like a contradiction to me?  ;^)

	Among my own ten computers and five more machines I might have to use
from time to time, utf-8 is the only encoding they can all agree on
without making a mess of it, so I kind of have no other options but to
stick to it religiously, otherwise I have to curse and recode stuff at
inopportune moments. I also have experience writing a thesis where I had
to do lots of draft printing all over again due to complaints about
presentation. Nobody actually /reads/ the stuff beyond the introduction
and bibliography, so they had nothing to say about the content, but they
all have to pick on every little formatting mistake. Might as well
streamline the process and make sure they have to actually read it to
find something to disagree with. :)

> Wouldn't  this be an option for you (and your stubbornness)?

	It would be if I had to only do that occasionally, but the last paper I
wrote has them like once every few hundred words, so that'd be really
annoying. Thankfully, I now have the proper solution working just fine,
see my other post.

--
Evgenie Medvedev