[XeTeX] Traditional TeX ligatures once again

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 28 23:56:30 CEST 2007

Am 28.06.2007 um 20:17 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> Are there any more besides << and >> that are used in one or other
> of the common font encodings?

Do you remember the Compose key of DEC VT-xyz terminals? Or the
mode_switch in X11? The idea behind it is to compose a kind of
complicated character from some basic characters on the keyboard. "y
would produce ÿ, ^2 would give ² (and _3 I think ₃), O/ gives Ø,
xx gives × and :- ÷? There are also codes for some Greek letters.

Would it make sense to create an Input Manager to be able to type
these complicated non-keyboard characters without Character Palette?
I presume there are a lot more for non-Latin keyboards.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.