[XeTeX] Minor updates to fontspec and xltxtra

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 22:29:47 CEST 2007

Le 20 juin 07 à 21:56, Nikola Lecic a écrit :

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:30:32 +0930
> Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 21/06/2007, at 1:07 , Nikola Lecic wrote:
>>
>>> I use XeTeX + MusiXTeX (I can't remember that someone reported
>>> anything
>>> about that combination -- works great), and I have to comment out
>>> this line in fontspec.sty:
>>>
>>>   \DeclareMathAccent{\breve}   {\mathalpha}{legacymaths}{21}
>>>
>>> since it collides with MusiXTeX's cardinal definitions -- breve
>>> (note) is essential there.
>>
>> Hmmm, I can't imagine you're using maths in music too much so
>>     \usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
>> should do the trick for you.
>
> Thanks, Will, this one is fine for me (I wasn't aware of [no-math]).
> But despite that, I thought you might want to add a conditional
> definition or something similar since, at the end of ends, this
> shouldn't happen, true? (I don't know however if and to what extent
> is such a situation usual among large projects like these two.)

This problem shouldn't be specific to fontspec: in fontmath.ltx (one
of the basic constituents of the LaTeX format), you've got also a
definition of \breve:

\DeclareMathAccent{\breve}{\mathalpha}{operators}{"15}

Isn't the redefinition of MusiXTeX also colliding with this one?

Apart from that, the option [no-math] has just been added by Will to
provide the user a switch to avoid, at the end of fontspec.sty, some
redefinitions (taking some math elements from the Computer Modern
fonts instead of the current text font) done to avoid some encoding
problems with non-TeX fonts.

Bruno Voisin