[XeTeX] Minor updates to fontspec and xltxtra

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Wed Jun 20 21:56:58 CEST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:30:32 +0930
Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/06/2007, at 1:07 , Nikola Lecic wrote:
>
> > I use XeTeX + MusiXTeX (I can't remember that someone reported
> > anything
> > about that combination -- works great), and I have to comment out
> > this line in fontspec.sty:
> >
> >   \DeclareMathAccent{\breve}   {\mathalpha}{legacymaths}{21}
> >
> > since it collides with MusiXTeX's cardinal definitions -- breve
> > (note) is essential there.
> >
> > So, if you think that something should be done regarding this...
>
> Hmmm, I can't imagine you're using maths in music too much so
>     \usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
> should do the trick for you.

Thanks, Will, this one is fine for me (I wasn't aware of [no-math]).
But despite that, I thought you might want to add a conditional
definition or something similar since, at the end of ends, this
shouldn't happen, true? (I don't know however if and to what extent
is such a situation usual among large projects like these two.)

Nikola Lečić