[XeTeX] trouble compiling from svn

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 14 02:03:53 CEST 2007

On 13 Jun 2007, at 4:11 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 14/06/2007, at 1:17 , Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> "internal compiler error" sounds like a gcc bug. What does
>>
>>    gcc --version
>>
>> report for you? Maybe there is an update to the tools after all
>> (though I didn't remember one recently).
>
> I haven't built a new version for several months now :)
>
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
> build 5363)

Interesting.... looks like you're more up-to-date than me:

powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5247)

So maybe something is broken in the build you're running. One thing
you could try is to run the older gcc 3.3 compiler, if you have that
installed with your Xcode tools; use

    gcc_select -list

to see what you have available, and

    sudo gcc_select 3.3

to try using the older compiler.

I guess I should try updating my tools and see what happens..... not
till I get back to the office (and my backups), though!