[XeTeX] trouble compiling from svn

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jun 13 17:47:21 CEST 2007

On 13 Jun 2007, at 5:49 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> I tried again, and still no luck. Here's the bit that seems to be the
> culprit:
[snip]
> internal compiler error: Bus error
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
> make[1]: *** [GrSlotStream.lo] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

"internal compiler error" sounds like a gcc bug. What does

   gcc --version

report for you? Maybe there is an update to the tools after all
(though I didn't remember one recently).

> By the way, why doesn't the compilation bail when this problem first
> occurs? It would strike me as being more convenient :)

True, it should. Maybe I'll get around to it -- the build script
currently ignores failures and continues to build the other pieces,
but that means the error gets buried in the midst of all the usual
output.