[XeTeX] : Re: Parallel texts

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 5 14:36:29 CEST 2007

Dear Joachim

Grüße aus Ihrer Partnerstadt.

Thanks for the tip - I'll take a look.  I guess from the 'l' in ledpar that
it's a LaTeX package, so I may have to give in and get properly acquainted
with LaTeX.  It's easy enough to conceptualize what is wanted - all the
annotation is cued on the left-hand pages, but it should be distributed
evenly at the foot of both left- and right-hand pages, and the main area of
the right-hand page should be reserved for a subsidiary text such as a
translation.  But converting that into a form that TeX can understand, and
then into useable PDF output, is quite a challenge.  I'll certainly take a
look and should at least get some good ideas.

Best

John