[XeTeX] output directories [was: \font syntax]

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jul 31 19:18:25 CEST 2007

On 31 Jul 2007, at 4:03 pm, John Was wrote:

> While we're on the subject of directories, though, I would very
> much like
> to be able to tell XeTeX where to put the PDF file it generates,
> and also
> auxiliary files that I sometimes create with \openout,
> \immediatewrite, etc.
> Or have I just missed something about this in the documentation.
> At present
> it dumps them all in the same directory as the XeTeX engine itself,
> regardless of where it is fetching the input .TEX files from.  In
> almost all
> cases I would rather have the PDF deposited in the same directory
> as the
> .TEX files that are being processed, so that everything related to
> the same
> job is in the same place.

I have not seen the problem you describe here; the output files
should by default go into the current directory, not the directory
where xetex lives. (Or are you running xetex from its own dir, and
giving a full path to your input? Don't do that; put the bin
directory on your path, and then run it from the dir where your files
are.)