[XeTeX] Color Hebrew Vowel Points

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:00:40 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, Joshua Grauman <jnfo-c at grauman.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your input and suggestions. I'm not 100% sure, but I think
> there *are* occassions where adding a diacritic changes the spacing
> somewhat. However, I think this is rare, so your suggestion is still
> probably valid in most cases.

The beautiful SBL Hebrew font does something like this; the ayin is
shortened if is has wide nikud beneath it.  See creator John Hudson's
post on Typophile:
<http://www.typophile.com/node/10085#comment-64089>.

Random thought---Can a font possibly include color information?  Would
be a bad idea in general, but if you could modify the font you're
using you might colorize the nikud there.

--Joel