[XeTeX] Printers & PDFs created by XeTeX

Michael Elphick michael at elphicks.plus.com
Mon Jul 23 12:33:18 CEST 2007

I am in the process of editing & typesetting with XeTeX a short
booklet, and am also considering (in the future) a larger book. Both
will be printed by a small local press shop, and I am planning to
deliver the copy as PDF files.

My query is whether the PDFs created by XeTeX (using TeXShop on an
iMac running Mac OS 10.4.10) are likely to be acceptable for this
purpose?

I realise that the simple solution is just to try it, but any advice
would be welcome ...  Adobe Reader shows the 'PDF Producer' as 'Mac
OS X 10.4.10 Quartz PDFContext', and 'PDF Version' as '1.3 (Acrobat
4.x)'