[XeTeX] Using MetaPost together with XeTeX

Evgenie Medvedev medvedev at project7.ru
Wed Jul 4 22:36:27 CEST 2007

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I believe PGF/TikZ works in xetex/xdvipdfmx if you update the PGK
> package to the latest version from CTAN; the version included with
> TL2007 didn't recognize the xetex engine, so some extra tweaking was
> needed to get it to work.

	I managed to get it to work with the version included in TL2007, while
it doesn't do it very obviously, it produces a pdf I can find no fault
with. (just need to put dvipdfm in global options) I do plan on
upgrading the version though.

	But assuming that I go with PGF/TikZ, I still need something to
generate my charts from data, so it's either MetaPost, for which
packages needed to generate the kind of output I want are there already,
or I don't know what else.
	I managed to find a patch for gnuplot which reportedly makes it
generate PGF/TikZ, but I've yet to try it since it involves building
gnuplot from source outside of my normal Linux build process.

--
Evgenie Medvedev