[XeTeX] mapping and Latin Modern font

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 21:57:02 CEST 2007

>-What I suggested doesn't work.  You'd need to explicitly specify
the  font as LMRoman10-Regular or >something... which raises a new
complex of problems.

The following code

\font\CM="[lmroman10-regular]/ICU:mapping=tex-text"
\CM -- --- 〓〓〓〓
\bye

gives the expected results. This suggests that one has to modify file eu1lmr.fd
I am attaching to this message the partially modified file that gives the expected
results for the following code:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\begin{document}
〓〓〓〓〓 hello
\end{document}

 A.S.

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) com                  *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *

Χρησιμοποιε〓τε Yahoo!;
Βαρεθ〓κατε τα ενοχλητικ〓 μην〓ματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail
διαθ〓τει την καλ〓τερη δυνατ〓 προστασ〓α κατ〓 των ενοχλητικ〓ν
μηνυμ〓των http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr