[XeTeX] An (almost) complete cyrunicode.tex

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Sun Jul 1 22:42:39 CEST 2007

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 12:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >Your list covers Bulgarian too; to complete the coverage of South
> >Slavic languages you have to add two letters unique to Macedonian
> >language:
>
> What is this language? I was under the impression that Macedonians
> were Greek people and not slavic people and of course Aristotle did
> not speak and write using Je or Kje. You must be refereeing to
> something else, right?

Apostolos, I wrote that text and I thought what I wrote. Macedonian is
a modern Slavic language that is (by that name) recognised all over
the world, i.e. on all professional Slavic departments of the world
universities. And I know very well all Aristotle's works, I graduated
philosophy.

I don't like your comment; such comments shouldn't be very welcome
here. If you have professional arguments (linguistic, Aritotelian,
etc.) that's ok, but this is a technical list.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of unresolved problems in this (our) part
of the world (including a number of quasi-linguistic questions). As
always, professionalism, avoiding fake arguments and scholarly culture
are the best way to override them.

Nikola Lečić