[XeTeX] fontspec doesn't like authors with accents...

Fabrice Nauze F.D.Nauze at uva.nl
Thu Jan 11 12:19:48 CET 2007

Hi there,
Thanks for the advices! The \setromanfont does indeed the trick
[however, I'm quite found of the default latex/xelatex font (which is
it by the way?) and use xelatex mainly to get some korean sentences
here and there. Therefore I'd rather not search for a nice font
containing Turkish vowels (and bold/italic/bold italic: Hoefler Text
doesn't contain all that) just to get names of Turkish authors
correctly in the citations.]

I've played around with some parameters and it seemed that my problem
was actually a harvard package vs xelatex issue. I had the 1993
version of the harvard package installed so I've updated it with the
harvard-latex of 1995 and BINGO, everything works fine: I can use my
ugly accents in the bibfile, keep the default xelatex font and use
fontspec at the same time.

best,
Fabrice

PS: I know, next time I'll check whether my system is up-to-date
before...