[XeTeX] Pronunciation of "XeTeX" in various languages

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 21 22:26:52 CET 2007

I was already enjoying this (arguably irrelevant but amusing and
informative) thread, when....

On 21 Feb 2007, at 8:18 pm, Robert Spence wrote:

> France being the best country in the world as far as conference
> lunches and dinners are concerned, I vote that the 1st International
> Congress of XeTeX Users be held there.  (Ah!  Quelles délices nous
> attendent!)

> And as most of us don't actually know
> many (if any) other XeTeX users in person, and phonetic
> transcriptions are such a bother, I suggest we push ahead with plans
> for the 1st ICXTXU, where we can compare pronunciations directly,
> over Ricard and amuse-gueule...

What an excellent proposal! I look forward to the official
announcement. :)

Actually, I've been meaning to post a note here reminding folks that
the combined EuroTeX/BachoTeX conference is not far off. It would be
great to see a number of presentations there showing the neat things
you all are doing with XeTeX, and how it can play a part in moving
the TeX world forward into the future.

I'm expecting to be there (with some new features to show, I hope),
and would also value the chance to discuss the further development of
XeTeX (however you care to say it!) with interested users; come with
your wishes and suggestions, and let's see what we can

See

     http://www.gust.org.pl/BachoTeX/EuroBachoTeX2007/

for general conference information, and in particular

     http://www.gust.org.pl/BachoTeX/EuroBachoTeX2007/cfp1en

for the Call for Papers. Don't be shy -- come and share your ideas,
successes, failures, wishes, etc!