[XeTeX] accented input

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Feb 10 22:34:19 CET 2007

Le 10 févr. 07 à 12:45, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 10 Feb 2007, at 11:01 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> By the way, pdfsync won't work with XeTeX (it expects pdfTeX).
>
> Are you sure? xetex supports the \pdfsavepos, \pdflastxpos and
> \pdflastypos primitives, which I believe are the mechanism used by
> pdfsync. Might be worth a try; it works for me.

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know XeTeX supported this (but
I must admit I don't use pdfsync myself).

BTW, are there plans for an update of the XeTeX documentation? I
understand that you have been kept very busy with integrating XeTeX
into TeX Live, and the doc isn't top priority right now. But, for
example, when reading the fix posted by Akira Kakuto yesterday in the
thread "[XeTeX] Glue between ideographs suggested", namely:

\XeTeXlinebreaklocale "zh_CN"
\XeTeXlinebreakskip=0em plus 0.1em minus 0.01em
\XeTeXlinebreakpenalty=0

I didn't remember at all these control sequences, which are not
mentioned in XeTeX-notes.pdf. It's only by looking at Will
Robertson's XeTeX-reference.pdf that one can find a quick mention of
it, and by looking at the list archive that one can find a bit more
explanation in the post in which you announced its addition with
XeTeX 0.91.

I may be wrong because that was one or two years ago, but in my
memories the original plain TeX documentation for XeTeX used to be
more informative than the current LateX documentation is. I miss it.

Bruno