[XeTeX] xetex and fontenc an IL2

Arnost Stedry arnost at cs.cas.cz
Thu Feb 8 12:09:20 CET 2007

On 2/8/07, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2007, at 8:24 am, Arnost Stedry wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > a have the problem with the xelatex and fontenc package and il2
> > font encoding. i have sample document
> >
> > documentclass[twoside]{book}
> > \usepackage[czech]{babel}
> > \usepackage{xunicode}
> > \usepackage[IL2]{fontenc}
>
> I don't think this really makes sense as a combination. If you're
> using legacy 8-bit font encodings, then you don't want the xunicode
> package, which redefines LaTeX commands (accents, non-ASCII letters,
> etc) in terms of Unicode.
>
> But then, if you're not using Unicode-encoded fonts but building
> traditional TFMs, VFs, etc., why use xelatex at all? Just run pdflatex.

ist easy, i must %)

i prepare the book with many languages samples and primary font (used for
czech only) is adobe utopia. its realy hard to find this font in OTF with
czech support, but i have this my old "czech localisation" by virtual fonts.

with pdflatex i have many problems with some languages, which i can't solve.
only problem with xelatex is missing czech utopia support %)

arnost