[XeTeX] includegraphics and pdf

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 7 20:18:52 CET 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, at 5:57 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> With \includegraphics[page=1,scale=.5]{h5439ih}, I get the
> following error:
>
> ! Package xkeyval Error: `page' undefined in families `Gin'.
>
> l.47 \includegraphics[page=1,scale=.5]{h5439ih}
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `h5439ih.bb' not found.
>
> l.47 \includegraphics[page=1,scale=.5]{h5439ih}
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in h5439ih.bb (no
> BoundingBox).
> ....[snip]

What kind of graphic are you trying to include? 'page' is currently
supported only for PDF files (but should be ignored for other types).

It looks to me like you don't have up-to-date versions of the
graphicx package and/or xetex.def, the driver file. The xetex driver
shouldn't ever look for a .bb (bounding box) file, as xetex
determines this itself directly from the graphic.

It might help to explicitly give the [xetex] option in the \usepackage
{graphicx} line, but the real solution is to ensure the packages and
configuration files are up to date.