[XeTeX] xetex configure --with-system-zlib

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 7 14:46:42 CET 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, at 1:13 pm, Likai Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Daniel Macks from Fink found that xetex fails to link when it is
> configured --with-system-zlib. It looks like it inherited a bug
> from web2c Makefile that mistakes libraries for build dependency.

Yes, this was an error in xetex.mk. I think you'll find that it has
been corrected in more recent sources, as this was noticed during the
process of TeX Live integration in the past few months.

Although it hasn't been packaged or formally announced yet (busy with
TeX Live stuff), you might want to move to release 0.996 rather than
0.995. This is tagged as TAGS/xetex-0.996 in the subversion
repository, and corresponds to the version that is part of TL2007.

Thanks,