[XeTeX] pages labeled with 0

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 6 21:44:53 CET 2007

Le 6 févr. 07 à 20:06, Pablo Rodríguez a écrit :

> Compiling the following example:
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{slides}
> \usepackage[dvipdfm,screen,vmargin=.1in,hmargin=.5in]{geometry}
>
> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}
>
> \begin{document}
> \centering \LARGE
>
> \begin{slide}
> First slide
> \end{slide}
>
> \begin{slide}
> Second slide
> \end{slide}
>
> \end{document}
>
> with pdflatex is fine, but with xelatex labels all pages with 0?

What I'm seeing here (in TeXShop on Mac OS X, with A4 paper as
default, and the TeXLive-2007 MacTeX distribution) is quite different:

- With pdfLaTeX (and removing the [dvipdfm] option), landscape pages
with no page numbers.

- With XeLaTeX (and either xdv2pdf or xdvipdfmx), portrait pages with
(correct) page numbers.

If I remove the [dvipdfm] option to both hyperref and geometry
packages, I get with XeLaTeX exactly the same output as with pdfLaTeX
(landscape pages, no page numbers).

I don't know what's your setup, but I think that, given the now
effective integration of XeTeX within TeX Live, with a recent TeX
Live distribution your shouldn't have any option to specify yourself:
configuration files have been included (such as graphics.cfg,
color.cfg, geometry.cfg, crop.cfg, hyperref.cfg) so that XeLaTeX
picks automatically upon running the appropriate driver definition
files.

Bruno Voisin