[XeTeX] Emacs (X11) and XeTeX

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Sat Feb 3 15:25:45 CET 2007

On Saturday, February 03, 2007, at 08:48AM, "Ralf Stubner" <ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

>> in my .emacs file, and got this error message from emacs (I'm using
>> emacs 22):
>>
>> (emacs)
>>

>> An error has occurred while loading `/Users/smoye/.emacs':
>>
>> Symbol's value as variable is void: LaTeX-command-style
>
>Do you actually use AUCTeX? LaTeX-command-style is a AUCTeX feature. A
>save way is to add this to the LaTeX-mode-hook. I use something like
>this:
>
>(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
>	  (lambda nil
>            (add-to-list 'LaTeX-command-style '("fontspec" "xelatex"))
>            ))
>
>cheerio
>ralf

I have installed AUCTeX, and put this:

(load "auctex.el" nil t t)
(load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)

in my .emacs file -- so, yes, I am using AUCTeX it would appear. I tried adding what you suggested, but my file was not run with xelatex, but with latex -- there was an error message giiven by fontspec that xetex was needed to run the file.

Puzzlement... 8>}

Stephen