[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx and Type1 fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Feb 2 12:59:23 CET 2007

Am 02.02.2007 um 11:36 schrieb Roland Kuhn:

> Yes, that did it! But alas, updmap filter out my "SlantFont" directive

That's correct! It should translate into dvipdfm syntax: -s <some value>

> Giving directly the lcdftools.map to xdvipdfmx makes it complain
> that it seems to be fed a dvips.map file, which it doesn't like.

And this also bears potential for failure: lcdftools.map is only a
MAP file *fragment*.

You could try to translate from dvips to dvipdfm by hand! Compare
psfonts.map (for dvips) with dvipdfm.map ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light-bulb?
None.
They just redefine "dark" as the new standard.