[XeTeX] Old Standard v. 1.0 released

Alexej Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 1 00:04:47 CET 2007

Hi all,

sorry for promoting my own project, but I would like to inform this
community about new multilingual OpenType font compatible with XeTeX.
The font is called Old Standard and can be downloaded from my web site
at http://www.thessalonica.org.ru/en/fonts.html. It is released under
the SIL Open Font License.

Old Standard is my attempt to provide a high quality font, suitable for
classical, biblical and medieval studies as well as for general-purpose
typesetting in languages which use Greek or Cyrillic script. It is
based on so-called "Modern" type, commonly used in the late 19th and
early 20th centuries, but almost completely forgotten later.

There is also a PDF manual, where I have placed examples of texts
in various languages typeset with Old Standard. It is worth pointing
out, that this manual was prepared with XeTeX. I would like to
thank Jonathan and other developers for an excellent tool, as using
XeTeX greatly simplified my work, allowing me to easily demonstrate
virtually all OpenType features supported by the font.

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost {at} yandex {dot} ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty