[XeTeX] Another question... this time, kerning pairs.

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 20 14:43:19 CET 2007

Hi

The question of user-specified kerns came up some time ago and as I recall
the reply was that it would be perfectly possible to have something like

:+mykerns

added to the options when one defines a font (just like :+onum for old-style
figs. and so on).

The file mykerns would have a fixed format, extension, and location that
XeTeX would be taught to recognize.

I would find this extremely useful myself, but there are no doubt many many
other things clamouring for attention so I suppose we'll just have to wait
our turn!

Best

John Was