[XeTeX] Another question... this time, kerning pairs.

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Dec 20 14:10:10 CET 2007

Is there a way in XeTeX to specify kerning pairs when using arbitrary
fonts?  For example, I want to adjust the kerning on a document-wide
basis for a document that I am working on where the comma and the
full-stop does not kern properly with various letters, such as r, f, and
y, but is fine for letters such as d, e, k, etc.

I read something about using "mtx" files for regular TeX, but it seems
that this has something to do with the font system that it uses, as
well, so that seems like it would be something that would be different
under XeTeX.  Am I right on that, and if so, how would I go about
specifying kerning pairs?

	Thanks again!
	Mike Trausch

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us