[XeTeX] inserting swf animations with xetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Dec 12 20:29:13 CET 2007

On 12 Dec 2007, at 1:00 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>>   [Reply from a previous message]
>>
>> Looking at movie15.sty, it seems like it supports non-pdftex engines
>> by using pdfmark functionality from the hyperref package, so it might
>> work if you use xelatex with the xdvipdfmx driver, but I don't know
>> for sure. (Try it and see!)
>
> Sorry for replying to a previous message (I sent a reply to a newer
> message almost 24 hours ago, but it hasn't reached the list.)
>
> Jonathan, are you sure that (x)dvipdfmx supports pdfmarks? What I have
> read from the dvipdfm documentation is that it supports \special
> commands that almost match the functionality of pdfmarks.
>
> Is that right or has (x)dvipdfmx implemented native support for
> pdfmarks?

You're probably right. I don't know anything more than is in the
documentation. And in the area of pdfmark support (or its
limitations), I don't even know that much, because I haven't looked
into it.

There are some papers around that discuss dvipdfmx, and might have
information about any extensions to the original dvipdfm \special
support, but I don't have details on hand.