[XeTeX] inserting swf animations with xetex

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Tue Dec 11 22:49:05 CET 2007

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 9 Dec 2007, at 8:10 am, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> latex->dvi+dvipdfmx doesn't seem to work. Probably it is because the
>> dvipdfm driver is not so extended as the pdftex or dvips drivers (for
>> example, dvipdfm driver doesn't honor the bookmarksopen option in
>> hyperref).
>
> I don't think dvipdfm had any support for this option, but ChoF added
> a feature to dvipdfmx last year to enable it. So I guess hyperref's
> dvipdfm support would have to be extended in some way to use this.

Thanks for your answer, Jonathan.

BTW, how do (x)dvipdfmx share their code? I mean, xdvipdfmx is build on
dvipdfmx code, but have fixes and features implemented during 2007 in
dvipdfmx been merged into xdvipdfmx?

>> The problem is then in hyperref, if I'm not wrong. Exactly in the
>> dvipdfm driver, but first of all: is the one and the same dvipdfm
>> driver
>> for (x)dvipdfm(x) or are there different ones?
>
> AFAIK, the same hyperref dvipdfm "driver" (in the LaTeX sense) is
> used for all the (x)dvipdfm(x) family of drivers (in the executable
> sense).
>
> I don't know whether swf support can be achieved just by adding some
> support at the macro level, or if it will need additional features in
> the executable itself.

According to http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/doc/tug2005.pdf#page=17
movies can be embedded as annotations. I don't know, but probably
embedding swf files would not be different than embedding movies (but
probably not as annotations).

Thanks for your help,

Pablo