[XeTeX] graphics inclusion

Guy camatkara at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:45:59 CET 2007

Yes, the terminal has this error when I run xelatex on that file:

> ! Unable to load picture or PDF file '``srikanthacrop.pdf'.
> <to be read again>
>                    \unhbox

and, despite the log file, there is just a blank space where my
included graphic should be in the output.  Pdflatex will produce the
proper graphic-included output, but not latex (which produces an empty
box) or xelatex (blank space).  It seems that I'm missing some basic
element or configuration in latex and xelatex, no?  Does pdflatex come
bundled with anything that those two don't?  Or are there any basic
dependencies for xe/latex that I might have overlooked?  Thanks again.

guy