[XeTeX] hebrew support

Dima Sorkin dsorkin at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sat Aug 25 23:32:03 CEST 2007

Hi.
 I started using 'xelatex', with 'Ezra SIL' fonts,
as you explained (below). Basically it works and I
intend to continue with it anyway.

Three small problems that disturb me right on start,
are they known ?

[ 0) Where in tex-live does the XeTeX documentation sit ? :]

1) It seems that XeLaTeX does not interact well with AMS packages.
   When I include 'amsmath' (line 15 in file 'report_head_he.tex'),
   formulas get numbered as
  "1.1)("   and not as "(1.1)". wrong  parentheses.

2) It does not emphasize text in \emph{}, neither english, nor hebrew.

3) \usepackage{hyperref} produces some warnings
   during compilation (did not start testing hyper-refs yet)

Files that I used are attached.

Thank you. Regards,
 Dima.