[XeTeX] Typesetting a mind map

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Thu Aug 23 23:26:42 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:43:10AM +0200, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:
>I'd like to ask this group for help with typesetting a mind map.
>
>I attach an example that illustrates the features, I need to support.
>
>I'm investigating the best way to extend an application called Comapping
>(see http://www.comapping.com) with support for output in PDF, SVG and
>other formats. I'd like to produce as exact a replica as possible. The
>font is Deja Vu Sans.

Looks to support gantt charts as well, but designed for web not
typesetting...

>http://www.fauskes.net/pgftikzexamples/computer-science-mindmap/

Interesting too.

To integrate with typesetting, I'd see if graphviz does what you
need, it's easy to export to an 'embedded' pdf which I routinely
include in tex files. Below are source and rendered copy of a
complex release methodology.

http://galis.org/netbsd/release-graph.pdf
http://galis.org/netbsd/release-graph.dot

That is a hierarchical graph, but they can be circular as well which
may be more 'mind map' type you are looking for.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><