[XeTeX] lmsans font [was: from teTeX-3.0 to TeXLive 2007]

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Aug 22 16:20:54 CEST 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 2:21 pm, Mike Maxwell wrote:

> Bruno Voisin wrote:
>> There must be something in the class file or one of the style files
>> used by your document which says that section titles are in \sffamily
>> \bfseries -- or \textsf{\textbf{. \setmainfont sets only the font for
>> the serif family (Times-like), you need \setsansfont for setting the
>> font for the sans-serif family (Helvetica-like), and \setmonofont for
>> setting the font for the monospaced family (Courier-like).
>
> Thanks for your reply AND Jonathan's reply--they both help.
>
> However, I have a more general question: how do I debug things like
> this
> without posting to this group?  I have a long list of glitches, and
> while I have been able to cross some of them off the list, it
> baffles me
> how you debug XeTeX.  If it were a programming language, I would use a
> debugger or stick some print commands in.  But that doesn't work
> here :-).

It sounds like you're primarily talking about LaTeX issues, rather
than specifically XeTeX ones. Do you have one (or more) of the
available LaTeX reference works, such as the LaTeX Companion? Or the
Not So Short Introduction? As a very-occasional LaTeX user myself,
I'm not very familiar with all the available resources, but I know
some exist out there....